Sunday, May 20, 2007

hits & misses

Some moments from the past few weeks:

hit: Last Tuesday I got to have lunch with Ande, which was really encouraging and refreshing. He cracked me up later in the week with a phone call confirming that I am on the bulletin board at Cheeburger Cheeburger.

hit: From 2004-2006 I led a Life Group of guys during their 7th and 8th grade years. They are now freshmen (sophomores as of Tuesday) and one of them, Andrew, is moving to Maryland with his family in June. So we had a reunion/send-off for Andrew and it was a good time. Cool to see these guys come back together after doing different things the past year.



hit: Vanilla Coke is back! Now I just need the folks at Chick-fil-A to serve it again.

miss: I dropped several hundred (gulp) bucks on a new radiator and CV boot for my car and I've got a feeling something else is going to go on it soon. While the expense is a miss, the hit is that I unknowingly drove with my busted radiator for a while before I noticed it was leaking. And my car never overheated. Definitely God watching over me because car trouble is one of those things that can set me off.

hit: I got to have lunch with Lisa, Beau and Ashley from Circle F. Joe and Kristin came over, too, and Jamie's on his way this week. It's like the Circle F Inn at our place.

hit: Back in my U-Life days we had an award show called the Golden Frogs. I decided the youth needed something like that, so last Wednesday we celebrated the randomness of the Christ Kingdom youth with the 1st Annual Golden Ninja Awards. I felt like it went well, but I got confirmation today when I asked one of the students if she was proud of the Ninja she received. She nodded and told me it's standing on her dresser. Below is what one (that's right - we had six models of them) of the Ninjas looked like and under that is a shot of the winners.





miss: I saw Shrek 3 today and I don't know if it was because I was tired or not, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I did the first two.

hit: Today at church one of my students invited me to take communion with her and one of her siblings. Without the prompting of a parent or anything! I loved it.

I'm sure there are more of both, but that's all I can think of right now.

4 comments:

kelly said...

I saw that picture at cheeburger cheeburger!!!
and I love the ninja...great idea!!!

James said...

golden ninja ... nice.

Anna said...

I didn't know vanilla coke ever went away!

Glad the golden ninjas were a hit. Did anyone make fun of your sign? Did you re-do it?

Jason said...

hey anna,

i did the sign over with just marker, so no one had a chance to make fun of it. you can kind of see it in the picture. and if you like vanilla coke, they have the "zero" version of it...oh, but it still has caffeine.