Wednesday, May 03, 2006

superman returns


I've been a Superman fan since I was a little kid. I remember putting on a cape when I was 5 or 6 and running around the house pretending I was him. My dad and I used to watch Lois and Clark back when it was on ABC. I even watch Smallville on the WB just because it's a Superman story, although not always the greatest. Just recently I bought a hat with the Superman crest on it. And I am so stinking excited about the new Superman movie. Back in high school and during my first years at UCF there always seemed to be a movie out that I was really excited about. I would see movies in the theater sometimes 3 or 4 times. There hasn't been a movie like that for me in a long time and when I saw this trailer for the new film, I found myself hoping that this would be one of those movies I'd see at the theater over and over.

7 comments:

James said...

Dude,

There was a great write up on the director of Superman in a recent Entertainment Weekly. I know you subscribe.

It got me totally pumped about this movie -- especially how he said he planned on keeping up the basic story line started by the frist two Superman films ... but he's ignoring III and IV. Would that III and IV never existed!!

It sounds like this is the kind of guy that really has a shot at revitalizing the series.

Doesn't WB also have rights over Batman? Does this mean that we're going to have a Superman / Batman movie possibly in the near future?

That would rock! Especially if they got into an arguement about the best way to go about crime fighting.

Jason said...

yeah, bryan singer seems like he's got a good handle on it. i need to watch the first two again...it's been a long time.

WB does have rights over both. there has been talk of a batman/superman movie. at one point Wolfgang Peterson (directed Air Force One and others) was attached to it, but it didn't work out. that would be sweet if it does.

James said...

Dude ... they should SO talk to us about doing that film.

Send 'em our stuff, dude.

Of course, I'm not sure Hollywood is ready for us yet.

James said...

P.S. I've even got a plot line. Some of the members of the Legion of Doom have cloned and geneticly combined the Joker and Lex Luther. (I even know the perfect guy to play the part!!)

You know who I'm talking about! ;)

James said...

This comment has nothing to do with your post ... but I had to get this up somewhere!

I was on Brett's blog and was reading about Settler's of Catan. I decided to post some of my strategies when I realized I couldn't remember a minor point about the rules ...

SO, naturally, I went to Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Settlers_of_Catan

See if you notice anything interesting when you go there.

I just about died laughing. It just goes to show ... they'll let anyone post stuff on Wikipedia.

Jason said...

that is absolutely hysterical! so funny...thanks for sharing that. glad you made it home safely.

M. Flexibilis said...

Uhhh, how'd that picture get there?

BTW, we have Seafarers of Catan, and I do think the additions make the game better.

PS, We need more JAV blupdates!