Monday, June 19, 2006

summer 06 so far...

Camp has overtaken my life, so I've not had time for much of anything else. It started for me the morning after Memorial Day and it seems as though everything has been going at full speed since. But the truth is I love camp. I love seeing the same kids each summer. I love that we can do just about anything as long as the kids are safe and having fun. Everyone should either be a camper or work at a camp at least once in their life.

We just wrapped up our 1st session this past Saturday and it went well. On Sunday we welcomed our 2nd session kids. This session has the highest return rate of all the sessions at camp, which means 2 things: 1.) it's a blast seeing the same kids year after year and 2.) these kids really know the ins and outs of camp, so we have to be on our toes. I'm looking forward to it, though.

Here are some pictures from camp so far:

Mark checks out an awesome sunset and watches over the canoe race.

Nicholas ready to go for MTV Night.

Me with the Devons, two of the best campers ever.

Me with the CoBuck Girls, who are quite possibily the loudest group of girls I've ever met.

On a separate note, Superman Returns comes out next week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes!!! it is good to hear from you again!!!

Anonymous said...

Jason! I'm so glad camp's going so well! We miss you around here. We leave in a week for HS summer camp, and the MS after that. Yeah, pray for me! It's all girls!! Have a great rest of camp!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update...I was wondering why it was so quiet on your blog. Enjoy your campers!
Kelly

Jason said...

ryan, when does school start? i get back august 2, so we can definitely get together at some point.