Thursday, March 10, 2011

grateful

Some things I've been especially grateful for this last week...

1.) going to Chick-fil-a and watching the original 3 Ninjas movie with Reese

















2.) phone calls from my friends Brad & Jenna, James and David that came at just the right time

3.) the awesome staff at the Waterford Chick-fil-a and my Chick-fil-a mug (in the above picture) that gets me free drinks at that store

4.) a rainy day followed by cooler weather

5.) encouragement & truth

6.) free rentals at Blockbuster Express

7.) overly enthusiastic contestants on Wheel of Fortune

8.) finding a Mat Kearney concert download on iTunes and having enough left on my gift card so that it cost me nothing

9.) getting to enjoy time with one of my favorite students, Michael, courtesy of the new banana pudding milkshake at Chick-fil-a one day and Simply Frozen Yogurt the next

10.) the following conversation with my dad, who loves singing and is really into karaoke:

me: Have you been watching American Idol?
Dad: Yes.
me: I watched it last night because I wanted to see the new judges.
Dad: Yeah, they've got Jennifer, Tyler and the Dawg.
me (once I was done laughing): It's really funny that you call him "the dawg."
Dad: That's what he says. If I meet him one day, that's what I'll call him. I'll be like, "What's up, dawg?!"

No comments: