Saturday, March 05, 2011

videos

The last few days I've been wondering what I should post on here. I would love to write something life-inspiring or share some deep thoughts that lead to "Aha!" moments, but I've got nothing. So let's keep it simple: Here are some videos that I like in one spot so that I no longer have to search for them individually.

#1: I am a big fan of Mat Kearney and last April I had the opportunity to go to one of his concerts. I was in a good mood for about a week following that show. He co-headlined with another artist named Ingrid Michaelson. I'd never heard of her before, but left the concert grateful I had discovered another musician to follow. Her song "Soldier" has been played more times in my car than is probably healthy. That was the song she started her set off with and I loved how she displayed her sense of humor with a tribute to Lady Gaga about 3/4 of the way through the song:



#2: Last May I said adios to my friends Jack, Kate, Sawyer and the rest of the gang from the island of LOST. I was way too into the show, but wouldn't have had it any other way. This is one of my favorite LOST videos that promoted season 5..."We have to go back!":



#3: I don't watch "The Office" a ton, but loved the episode where Jim and Pam got married and this dance:



#4: If you don't watch "Friday Night Lights," you should. This clip is probably my favorite moment from season 4. When I watch it in the context of the entire season, I cry every time. Fair warning that it contains a big spoiler for the season:



#5: I am currently in between jobs, so this video that I put together of the Youth Group at church celebrating its 5th year has come to mean a lot to me:



#6: This video was probably my favorite part of the Oscars last week...



#7: A bonus LOST video that I found today! It has the theme song from "Friday Night Lights" - one of the best theme songs ever - combined with footage from LOST...

No comments: