Tuesday, February 21, 2006

my 4 things

ande tagged me on this, so here it is:

4 jobs you have had in your life:

1.) After school program counselor - During my junior year at UCF I worked at this place called Kids R Kids from 3-7 every weekday. I didn't think I was going to last when I first got the job, but I ended up loving it and was sad to leave at the end of the school year.

2.) Indoor advertising intern - This was a paid internship I had shortly after I declared Ad/PR to be my major. I got 100 bucks a week for driving all over Orlando and maintaining the ads that my boss had placed in bathrooms at various restaurants and gyms. I never realized how disgusting of a job it was until I had some time away from it.

3.) Helper person for a high school guidance counselor - Somehow I agreed to help my high school's college counselor move all her stuff from her old home to her new one. What started out as a week-long project of packing and moving boxes ended up being a job that lasted almost the entire summer. I even dug up this lady's plants and replanted them at her new place. I'm such a sucker.

4.) Camp counselor at Circle F Dude Ranch - I got this job 3 weeks before their camp season started and it has since turned into a full-time job. I always get a kick out of running into people I was a counselor with and telling them I'm still at Circle F.

4 goals you've set for this year:

1.) increase my good cholesterol level
2.) pray regularly
3.) not eat out as much
4.) not eat as many cookies (I'm failing miserably at this one)

4 movies you could watch over and over:

1.) Adventures in Babysitting - I remember begging my dad to take me to this movie when I was 6 or 7. I know it's absolutely ridiculous, but it never gets old and I love it more each time I see it. "I've got the babysitting blues!"
2.) Billy Elliot - Jamie Bell is awesome. I bought this movie on DVD after only seeing the preview.
3.) While You Were Sleeping - Oh, Sandy B.
4.) Jerry Maguire - It rocks.

4 places you have lived:

1.) Tampa, FL - my hometown
2.) Orlando, FL - where I went to college and currently live
3.) Dayton, OH - lived here for 2 months with family while my mom was getting treatment for breast cancer
4.) Lake Wales, FL - my home away from home during the summer and on most weekends

4 TV shows you love to watch:

1.) Alias - JJ Abrams scores
2.) Lost - JJ Abrams scores again
3.) Scrubs - so over the top you've gotta love it
4.) 24 - so addictive

4 places you have been on vacation:

1.) Guatemala - This is where my dad is originally from. I've lost count how many times I've been, but each visit is better than the last.
2.) Johnstown, PA - I used to spend my summer vacations here with my cousins going to lots of theme parks, making lots of embarrassing home videos and playing even more Super Mario Kart.
3.) Nashville, TN - I went there 2 times within a year: once for my cousin Jeremy's wedding and the 2nd time to hang out with him, his new wife Kierstin and their dog and cat. Both times rocked. Too many good memories to list, many involving good food, but seeing Amy G. at the Pancake Pantry ranks pretty high.
4.) Baltimore, MD/Washington, DC - I visited DC for the first time last August. It was a pit stop on my way to my cousin Jon's wedding in MD. You can always count on a good time whenever any of my cousins are involved.

4 websites you visit daily:

1.) Entertainment Weekly - lots of movie and TV news
2.) All my road before me... - Jeremy's blog
3.) a net for catching days... - Kierstin's blog (this cousin-in-law of mine is such a great story-teller)
4.) Holding Out for Grace - great thoughts from my friend Ande

4 albums I am listening to right now:

1.) any Lifehouse cd
2.) Tenth Avenue North - Speaking of Silence
3.) U2 - All That You Can't Leave Behind
4.) The Message: Psalms

4 people I'm tagging to do this, should you choose to accept this mission:


1.) Josh
2.) Jeremy
3.) Kierstin
4.) you, the reader

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice,,, i knew you would come through...