Wednesday, March 28, 2007

slacker blogger

Tonight I ran into my friend Kelly at the gym and blogging came up in our conversation. I have been a slacker blogger. Things have been busy, but I've also still made time for relaxing and attempting to take better care of myself (hence the gym trip and ordering fruit cups instead of waffle fries at Chick-fil-A).

Not only are we still working on the cookies that Dan purchased (see last blog), but just a lot of life has been going on.

In no particular order, here are some of the things that have been going on (pics available for some):

1.) I joined Facebook. It's cool.

2.) My friends Amy and Russ got me a Chick-fil-A travel mug that gets me unlimited free refills at the Waterford location. Amazing.

3.) Evie turned 2 and got this sweet cup.


4.) Ryan and Jenny became a dad and mom to Hannah Elise. Hannah is already looking forward to turning 2 and getting a cool Evie cup.


5.) I lost one of my favorite Circle F'ers, Heath.


He was a counselor that worked for 2 summers and I adored him. He was such a solid guy. I really don't get why he's gone and it still makes me sad, but I am seeing God work in it. Despite the sadness of it all, it was so good and inspiring to gather with camp people and mourn together. And my family and friends have been incredibly supportive.


6.) I finally left the 80s behind and purchased new furniture. Loving the papasan.



7.) Connor (how great is this kid?!) and I made dinner for a family in our church yesterday. Thanks for the recipe, Anna!


8.) I am no longer the Assistant Director at Circle F. This is taking a little bit more to get used to than I thought it would, especially in light of Heath. I'm still working part-time, but Roger has come to take over and he's doing awesome.

9.) I had green beer on St. Patrick's Day and hung out at a piano bar. Good times.

Have something to share? If you read this, hope you are doing well.

13 comments:

Anna said...

This is a good post, Jason! Love the furniture! Must come and test it out sometime. Hope the Chicken Divine turned out well. And, I must find you on Facebook. Oh wait, I haven't joined. But I will now!

kelly said...

So glad I ran into you at the gym. I am impressed: i could NEVER order the fruit cup over the waffle fries. Wow...a lot has happened since your last post. Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, but I am thankful you are seeing God through the pain.

M. Flexibilis said...

3. Not only does Evie have a sweet cup, but she's got one yucky boogie in that picture! ;-)

4. Congrats to the Wilson clan! Just wait a year. The fun may start out slowly, but it will accelerate pretty quickly.

5. That's so sad about Heath. I know you had a lot of respect for him.

6. Your papasan cushion looks abnormally comfy. You might want to have that thing checked out. It could be dangerous. If you want, we can swap, even up, and we'll make sure there's nothing wrong with it before we use it.

7. Connor who? Why'd you photoshop a slightly younger Scott Puckett into that photo?

9. Ok, now I KNOW there's something wrong with green beer. It's not more of that left over alcohol that you found at camp, is it? Better send it over to my place so Anna can check it out. (If you find any green wine, send that, too.)

M. Flexibilis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
M. Flexibilis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
M. Flexibilis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
M. Flexibilis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
M. Flexibilis said...

PS, Sorry about those deleted comments. I was having trouble with the server.

Jason said...

matt, you're toying with my emotions! i got all excited about those 8 comments.

Anonymous said...

Jason,

Dude. I hate to do this on the internet in front of everyone, but I have to rebuke you for lying. I've lived with Dan. We both know that he can eat that many cookies in an Orlando minute.

Your friend,

Spike

PS You think you're a slacker blogger. Have you seen mine recently? No? Well, don't worry -- it hasn't changed.

We're about to get started with our new garden today, however ... so maybe we'll have some new stuff coming soon!

Anonymous said...

6.) I finally left the 80s behind and purchased new furniture. Loving the papasan.

You got a papasan to leave the 80s behind, huh? Welcome to the 70s.

Anonymous said...

If you are a slacker blogger, I must be a real slacker blog-reader. I was amazed that there has been THREE new posts since I last checked!! I have been thinking about joining Facebook - is it worth it?

Jason said...

jess,

i'm not on quite as much of a facebook high now as i was when i wrote this blog. but it has been a really convenient way to keep in touch with people. i've connected with martha and pavan from hhs, which is cool! i find it a bit stalker-ish, but it's got my vote for now.