Monday, April 09, 2007

i won!

Around 5:00 this afternoon I found out that Travis (one of the guys who was in a small group I led for two years) was playing guitar with a band in a talent show over at Timber Creek High School. I always enjoy getting to see him and don't get to do that quite as much now that we go to different churches. It was so good to see him (and snag this quick photo for my phone).


I'm definitely one of those people who doesn't realize how much he misses someone until he sees them again. I felt like a bit of a dork when he was on stage because I was so excited. I was there with his parents cheering for him, and the thought crossed my mind that one day I might get to cheer for my kid doing something and I'd be even more proud.

But right before I had that grown-up moment, I won a raffle during intermission. The prize was perfect: a free Chick-fil-A sandwich.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There has to be a way to work the fact that you won a free Chick-fil-A sandwich into your previous post's photo caption.

Just out of curiousity ... how much was the raffle ticket?

Jason said...

$5 to get into the talent show and then they had you sign your name on one of those MDA clovers. so not a complete return on investment, but better than nothing.

James said...

that ain't bad. (as they say up in these parts)

Anna said...

Jason, that's v. cool. Lots of winnings going on lately. Did you see that Ande just won a year's supply of ice cream?? And I won a $5 gift card to Panera.

Jason said...

i did read about ande winning that ice cream! go get an IC Mocha with that card. you'll be glad you did!