Tuesday, April 24, 2007

muggles rejoice


Summer is looking good. And it definitely has nothing to do with my west-facing bedroom heating up from about 5:30 until sunset every afternoon. No, my friends, the trailer for Harry Potter 5 went online today and it looks pretty sweet. Although I don't remember Ron pumping his fist in the book like he does here, this preview makes it look like an awesome adventure. The kids are growing up, and I'll be there to support the rebellion beginning July 13.

6 comments:

James said...

Enough about the movies! Let's talk about that book coming out this summer...

I'll finally get to find out the truth about Profess....

(oh wait, I don't want to spoil anything)

=)

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited about the book AND movie! I think we need to have a Harry Potty marathon to get us ready for the next movie. :)

M. Flexibilis said...

Anna and I just re-read books 5 and 6 in anticipation of the movie and book. As is my custom, I haven't watched the trailer, but I have set rather low expectations for the movie and high expectations for the book.

HP junkies might be interested in the fairly comprehensive analysis of the books in the Wikipedia, including a copy of the (previously unreleased) Black family tree that Rowling donated for a charity auction. Also, there's a rather lengthy interview with Rowling and some uber-junkies on everything from her work habits to the significance of Neville's gum wrappers to the influences of Dorthy L. Sayers and Macbeth on HP. Some readers (much like Hooch) are craaazy!

Anna said...

I was planning to comment, but Matt pretty much said it all, and much more!

But yeah, I can't wait for July!

James said...

Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that if I go to Wikipedia's entry on Harry Potter there's a decent chance that I'll find a picture of Matt reading one of the books?

Jeremy said...

uncle cousin jason!!
you rule. much love from nash,
jerry, kierstin and eli